Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Frosted Lemon Ricotta Cookies


You know how sometimes, when you make a batch of cookies they're so good you end up eating almost all of them yourself?
Well.
That's what happened a couple days ago when I made these absolutely delicious Lemon Ricotta Cookies from LL at As for Me and My House, We Will Serve the Lord. The soft, cake-like base. The tangy lemon frosting. What can I say; I lost my head.
The only suggestion I'd add (other than to have someone whisk the cookies out of your sight as soon as you've eaten three or four) is you might want to use a few more lemons than the recipe calls for. For the cookie, I used the juice and zest of two lemons, not one (my lemons are pretty small); and for the frosting, I used the juice of three lemons and the zest of two.
Now go, make these, and try to leave a few for someone else.
Sheesh, some people are such gluttons.

Note: Check out more great ideas at Works-for-Me-Wednesday.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave Roller said...

That was great. Do you realize that you are the last WFMW post linked to Shannon's site. I will try your cookies once I figure out what the zest of a lemon is.

February 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Wow, Dave, I hadn't realized that I was the last post-er on Shannon's WFMW run. I feel privileged!

And lemon zest is basically grated lemon peel. Instead of using a big ole cheese grater, you can buy these nifty, ruler-sized tools called zesters that have itty bitty holes in them, so just the yellow part of the lemon peel goes through and none of the bitter white part. Good luck with your baking!

February 19, 2009 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger ~LL~ said...

I used extra zest, too.....but I used the big lemons, and I got about 3 Tbsp of juice...it was good.

I did do more for my frosting though....didn't want just a glaze...i wanted a nice covering....lots of finger licking...that stuff is sticky! LOL

glad you liked them

February 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your cookies look yummy!

February 19, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Goat Gal said...

Thanks Lynn! I'm glad you enjoyed my list.

February 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger 50s Housewife said...

Oh my! Those look fantastic!

February 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Perfect, Lynn! We're going to our daughter's this weekend, and I'll make them to take along. She tries to keep her girls off chocolate because it makes them hyper, so I'll take LEMON!! Thanks for the suggestion.

February 23, 2009 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for stopping by my recipe blog. I'm enjoying looking around here and I think these cookies look wonderful!

February 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home