Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Candy Shortbread

Well you can't really go wrong with shortbread, in my book.  And when you combine shortbread with a topping of chocolate chips and leftover chopped-up Halloween candy?  A winner.
This recipe comes from a back issue of Everyday Food magazine. I think that Martha Stewart is really gonna make something of herself.
The only change I made to the Candy Bar Shortbread recipe is on the salt.  Since I used salted butter rather than the recommended unsalted, I cut the coarse salt from 1 1/4 t. down to 1/2 t.  Oh, I also didn't use an electric mixer, just smushed the shortbread up with my handy dandy pastry blender, then, when it got down to it, used my fingers.  This would be a fun project for the kids among us.  You know who you are.
Reese's mini peanut butter cups, by the way, make a very fine topping.

Anyone else enjoying some post-Halloween treats?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Elena said...

Now that looks good. My daughter got a bunch of chocolate candy this year so this might be a possible dessert at our house :)

November 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Farm Girl said...

Well not if I can help it. I would just soon use them up in a recipe like this. Are you having a lovely fall so far?
I am glad the leaves are starting to change. Though, it will be December before the cottonwoods in my pasture turn to gold.
I cracked up, yes, I think that Martha Stewart is going to be something someday. :)

November 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger teresa said...

this looks delicious!!

November 4, 2012 at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home