Friday, July 10, 2009

10 Honest Things



Thank you, DarcyLee at In This Season, for sharing this "Honest Scrap" award with me. DarcyLee always has wonderful homemaking thoughts and recipes to share. And besides that, she's a brand new grandma! So hop on over and scroll back a tad to see a picture of her precious new bundle and wish her congratulations.

Here are the "Honest Scrap" rules:

1. Say thank you to the presenter of the award and link back to them.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 other people whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who give encouragement.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.

My 10 honest things:

1. I'm making a crazy quilt of old fabric scraps. Which leads, of course, to more fabric scraps, which leads to more scrap quilts. I don't picture this ending well.

2. I love my Moms In Touch prayer group. There is nothing like praising God, confessing your sins, thanking Him for His many blessings, and bringing your precious family before Him in prayer. Nothing. (You can read article here.)

3. We have no TV reception right now. Not missing it.

4. Our plum trees this year have no plums. Our peach trees have about 7 peaches, which we are valiantly fighting over with the squirrels. Not sure what happened. Missing my homemade peach nectar.

5. I wrote to President Reagan once to ask if he or Nancy used personal computers. (I worked for a computer magazine at the time.) I received a very nice reply on official White House stationery, which hung on my refrigerator door for quite a while. (The answer is no; neither he nor Nancy.)

6. My favorite Bible study resource is Joy of Living Bible studies. You can mail away for them. They are awesome. They even have studies for youth, and studies in different languages.

7. The last chocolate item I ate: homemade chocolate sauce, on sliced bananas. It was today's post-lunch dessert. (You DID get your post-lunch dessert, didn't you?)

8. My spices are alphabetized.

9. My refrigerator? Not.

10. When I was a kid I had a book of 1,001 free things to send for. I sent for almost every one, including the brochure from the tire company on how they make rubber. I have always liked mail.

I know not everybody has time to receive and pass along awards, so rather than doing as I'm told and passing this on to 7 more Honest Scrappers, I think I'll just list a few of my favorite blogs to visit, and hope you'll go visit them, too. And if anyone wants to play along, consider yourself bestowed with this honor and tell us 10 honest things about you!

Some favorite blogs:

Aunt Ruthie at Sugar Pie Farmhouse

Lori at A Frugally Old-Fashioned Homemaker

Girlichef

Visions of Sugarplum

Canning Jars Etc.

Carpoolqueen's Blog

Happy Friday. Now go get your post-lunch dessert if you haven't had it yet.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's this thing called post-lunch dessert? And why have I not done it? I am so rule bound in keeping dessert for evening meals only.

For your own sake, please don't tell my children.

They'll be at your house by nightfall.

And thanks for the (s)crappy award :)

July 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Barbara H. said...

I quite often have a post-lunch dessert. I'm trying to limit my "sweets" to once a day now. The bananas and chocolate sauce don't sound too calorie-heavy, though. It could even be counted as fruit. :-)

My spices are alphabetized, too. I don't think anything else is.

That's funny about sending off for all the free stuff. Did you ever get those government pamphlets that had free leaflets you could send for? I discovered them in college when I had all sorts of files to make for class projects. They were great for stuffing files. :-)

July 10, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Carpoolqueen and Barbara H., I do highly recommend post-lunch dessert. Though I agree, Barbara, I think in this case it really could be counted as a serving of fruit. Thank you for noticing.

And I was all over those free government leaflets you mention. I seem to also remember an extensive set of files on places to visit, which I'm sure was courtesy of every tourist bureau in the world. I was not discriminating in my quest for mail. Although if someone wanted a quarter for a handling fee, I took umbrage. Nothing like an outraged 12-year-old for taking umbrage.

July 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Lynn, you are so sweet to mention my blog. You make me blush. LOL! I will definitely check out those other sites...I've already looked at visionsofsugarplum and gained 5 pounds. :)
Cute post. I bet they've added some new items to the 1001 free things to send for book...might ought to go check that out! :)
Thanks again and have a great weekend!

July 11, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger DarcyLee said...

I still like getting stuff (especially free) in the mail. And, I'm definitely going to start trying the post-lunch dessert. I know I'll like it.

July 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

I'm a fan of post-lunch desserts too, although like "carpoolqueen" I try to keep them secret from my kids.

July 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Marta said...

Thanks for sharing 10 Hones Things about you!
This is a fun meme!

July 11, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Muthering Heights said...

Congrats on the award. It's nice to meet you! :)

July 11, 2009 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a great list!!!
I like mail also. I consider "comments" mail so I will stop by again and leave you some mail.

July 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my site and leaving a 'footprint in the sand'!

I've enjoyed my visit here and learning a little about you. Love the 'verse' you have in your profile -- my sister and I often quote that one so it's a favourite here too!

You inspire me when you say that you've published a book...something you wanted to read, so you wrote it. I'm working on one that has been mulling in my heart for a while based on following the great tips on life and good health in Proverbs.

July 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Rainy Day Farm said...

Very fun things about yourself. I am so glad to hear that somone else has post-lunch dessert. It is a favorite at our house. We are a bunch of sugar junkies around here! Have a great day!

July 12, 2009 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Brenda Leyland - your idea for a book based on life and health tips from Proverbs sounds wonderful. You'll have to keep us posted on your progress.

July 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Aww, well thank you. I enjoyed looking through and reading some of your posts. The onion pie sounds delicious!

August 2, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home