Friday, March 6, 2009

Fruity Slush

This is a nice, healthy snack which can also serve as a side dish or dessert. Simple to make, you just whirl 4 ingredients in the blender, then pop into the freezer for a couple of hours to turn slushy. As an extra bonus, you get a great calcium boost from the nonfat dry-milk powder. Healthy and tasty. SCORE.

FRUITY SLUSH
1 c. crushed pineapple, packed in its own juice
1/2 banana
1 T. frozen orange juice concentrate (I didn't have this, but used about 3 T. regular orange juice instead)
1/3 c. nonfat dry milk powder
Blend all ingredients in blender. Place mixture in plastic bowl and put in freezer for a couple hours, until slushy. (Two hours was perfect for mine. It sounds from the recipe like you can still eat it even if it gets really firm.)
NOTE: Go check out Ann Kroeker's Food on Fridays for more culinary deliciousness.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SAH in Suburbia said...

Trying this RIGHT NOW!!! I have all of those ingredients....we'll see how it goes!

March 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hope you like it, SAH in Suburbia. I forgot to add, one recipe serves 2-3.

March 6, 2009 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger SAH in Suburbia said...

Ha ha....I'll eat it all myself!!

March 6, 2009 at 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool. I also posted a very similar slushie recipe. http://itswholesome.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/dream-slush/

March 6, 2009 at 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can do this! I can do this!

I love simple, easy, yummy recipes.

But I think I might wait until it totally warms up to try this. It looks summery.

Then again, maybe sitting, sipping a slush, is a way to pretend that it's warm outside...

March 6, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Wow, quick, easy, healty and yummy...that's what I'm talking about!

March 7, 2009 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger Sadie said...

Hi Lynn! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Re: The Dandelion wine, I did actually look into it for my Dad, but the recipe I found took four QUARTS of dandelion flowers... I didn't have that much in my little garden area, only enough for the 1/2 cup for the cookies! And now I've already pulled all of the "weeds" so that I can start planting our veggies!

Off to check out your blog...

Sadie

March 7, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Frugal Sara said...

Looks really yummy. I will have to try this!

March 18, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home