Monday, December 1, 2008

Can You Ever Have Too Many Mashed Potatoes?


First, you make a couple of potato "pie crusts"






which you fill with turkey and leftover gravy and freeze for later.



Next, you make a batch of potato rolls. Beautiful! Delicious!

Then you make a chocolate/potato cake.





So why are there still so many stinkin' potatoes?





Okie dokie. We'll put some cupcake papers in the cupcake tins, and fill 'em up to freeze some meal-sized mashed potatoes for some day when we're not tired of them . . . some day in February, say. Or maybe June.

Oh.





Some potato pancakes for lunch, perhaps.




And maybe another batch of these, hamburger-sized.


Perhaps you'd like some potato/coconut candy to go with those potato rolls, potato pancakes, and potato/chocolate cake.


Sigh.
Yes. The answer is yes. You can have too many mashed potatoes.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Sticky said...

Love it! What a great post! I think I need your book, it sounds just like me!

Thank you for the love at my blog...

December 2, 2008 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Sticky said...

Oh...I forgot...

Merry SITSmas!

December 2, 2008 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

LOL! No such thing! You seem to have had just the right amount of mashed potatos!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

December 2, 2008 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hey these are great ideas. I especially like the potatoe pie crust. Mmm...

December 2, 2008 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Sticky, Terri, and Armchair Housewife -- thanks for stopping by and visiting. May all your challenges with leftovers be successful and painless ;)

December 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Farrah said...

Since potatoes are my number one favorite food, I would have to agree!! Can't have too much!

December 5, 2008 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Sit A Spell said...

Love this post! I think I'll have to make those rolls!!!
Thanks for stopping by my new blog!

December 9, 2008 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

too funny. have a merry christmas! thanks for stopping by my blog!

December 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Niki Jolene said...

We hardly ever eat potatoes so we have never had that many leftovers.

But those look really yummy.

:)

December 23, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a FUN post! I love potatoes but I can see your point. Great ideas for some future meals. Thanks.

December 26, 2008 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I love your saga of too many mashed potatoes, Lynn. Very cute, with some really intersting recipes too.

December 27, 2008 at 2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home