Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Molly's Outstanding Spinach Salad




This recipe is brought to you courtesty of Molly at The Bumbles Blog. I had never even heard of maple vinaigrette until she sent this waaaaay yummy recipe my way. You will have to control yourself not to drink the leftover dressing once the spinach part has disappeared.

Also noteworthy are the toasted nuts, Gorgonzola cheese, apple chunks, and dried cranberries. So stinkin' good you'll forget you're eating something good for you.

spinach
Gorgonzola cheese, cut into small bits
peeled apple chunks
dried cranberries
roasted pecans (I substituted pine nuts; put them in the skillet for a few minutes to get them a little browned)

MAPLE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
1/4 c. maple syrup, warmed
1 1/2 T. cider vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
1/4 c. olive oil
salt, pepper to taste

In slow stream, add oil into vinegar and whisk. Slowly add syrup while whisking. Pour over salad right before eating.

Note: Check out The Recipe Box Swap if you want to troll around for more yummy recipes.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

I love spinach salad. I will definitely try this. I have never heard of maple dressing, but how can it be bad with "pancake syrup" in it!

November 6, 2008 at 2:32 AM  
Blogger Pancake said...

THANK you! Cant wait to try it!

November 6, 2008 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger The Savvy Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by! I've been looking around your blog and love all the recipes you have here. I especially enjoyed your in-season list for November. Very helpful!

November 6, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Darcy said...

What a great fall salad! I'll be trying this soon!

Thank you for sharing the recipe.

November 6, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger randi said...

I love spinach salad! Thanks for sharing a new way to make it!

November 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Jana McBurney-Lin said...

This sounds great--will make a special, and easy, salad for the holidays. Thanks.

November 9, 2008 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I looove cranberries, and spinach. Will have to try this for sure!

November 9, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yum... I'm going to have to try!

Shannon

November 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger JudyBug said...

Love spinach salad and will have to try this one. Thanks so much for your sweet post on my blog. It was truly appreciated.

November 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I often do something similar for my salads, I do a maple mustard dressing. Just olive oil, vinegar of whatever kind I'm in the mood for, maple syrup and a nice dijon mustard. Yum.

November 19, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Armchair Housewife, maple mustard dressing sounds tasty. Love that maple syrup!

November 19, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Katelyn (Ben's Friend) said...

I loved this salad when you made it for us when we've visited, and since then I've always had a bowl of the vinaigrette in the fridge for my lunch salads, thank you!

April 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Katelyn, I'm so glad you liked this. It's one of our new favorites, too :)

April 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home